Serena's Random Thoughts

just a way for me to share all my crazy thoughts. please comment at will.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

poetry from my friends

this is some great poetry written by some close friends of mine, that i wanted to share:

I’m Sorry

If only you knew
What goes through
My mind, and heart, and soul.
Silence,
Has taken its toll.

“Thank yous” – unsaid
Guilt fed,
On that alone.
Where does one begin?

If only I knew
What holds true
With trial, and error, and trust.
Forgiveness,
A must!

Easier said than done,
Always,
Easier said than done.

I’m sorry,
I’m so sorry,
Is forever heard,

Cluttering up unused space,
In the “too late” valley,
of forever lost!


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Untitled

She comes to me,
So innocent and free,
Like a wildflower
Or a form of estuary,
In my most humble of hour!

Persistent!
Connecting two tides together
Flowing, oh so flowing,
The rapid waters,
Of earnest endeavor.

The blue skies,
That cry,
Have always cried,
Shall soon fade away,

Along with all the sorrows
from yesterday.

As I write
through the night,
And, into the next day,

Thinking of you,
Missing you,
As, I now embrace,
Tomorrow!


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Kind Gentle Soul

kind gentle souls manifest themselves in many roles
perhaps to remind people who seek steep hills
that life could be much easier than this
i seek silhouettes of grace and deliverance
perchance to be touched beyond remembering
how I dug and climbed to reach this impending spot
where I could like without spite
delight me in ways like times past times prior
come if you want to
sing as you saunter
follow me to the holy spot I’ve brought you

thank you kind gentle souls
i rest in your hands
thoughtful of the times
i’ve rested in blind ignorance of mind and man
in your hands
in your hands

you know when these people come into your life,
often times it’s in a blink
of an eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home